Sunday, February 9, 2014

On Repeat: The Beatles

This weekend marked the golden anniversary of The Beatles arrival in the U.S. and their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show. Being my favorite band I listen to a LOT of Beatles' music and today is no different. Here's a sampling of my favorites.  


In My Life
- I've already decided this will be what my father-daughter dance will be at my wedding.



Across the Universe
- Although this song is not intended to be a worship song by any means, I can't help but feel closer to The Lord while listening to it. Maybe it's something about how the minutiae of life is contrasted with the phrase Jai guru deva ohm which means "victory to God divine."



Eight Days a Week
- So upbeat and fun to dance to! This is another future wedding song.



Octopus's Garden
- This kid's I nanny and babysit for love this song and I can see why. It's so sweet and almost sounds like it could be a cartoon.



Here Comes the Sun
- Who can't help but smile when they hear this song? I always think the scene in The Parent Trap when it comes on.



Let it Be
- Basically perfect.



Hey Jude
- Again, basically perfect and a great crowd pleaser. It was so fun singing this at the Paul McCartney concert with 40,000 others.



There's so many more I didn't include for the sake of keeping this post a bearable length.

But surprise! Here's a quick clip of that first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show! I couldn't resist. :)


What are your favorite Beatles' songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment