Thursday, October 10, 2013

glee

#Confession I've been on a major glee kick lately, it's my guilty pleasure. 

Like spending a huge part of last night and today watching it on Netflix and Hulu... 

I was a sophomore in high school when the show premiered in the fall of 2009 and, my friends, classmates, even some teachers (I'm looking at you Mrs. Whitehaus) and I were hooked. Something about glee is inherently likable: the characters, the storylines, and my favorite part: the sheer audacity. Each week I tuned in to see what was happening in Lima, Ohio. That was until the job I had caused me to miss a few weeks here and there but overall I caught up on Hulu and saw what episodes I could on TV. Looking back part of charm was many of the characters were my age. When they graduated high school, I graduated too; when they started college so did I. And so I began to watch regularly again last year and over Christmas break I binged on it and backed off over last semester. After hearing about Cory Monteith's death this summer I found myself watching many of his performances again. I also surprisingly enjoyed this season's opener which was a two-part tribute to The Beatles. <3 (another post on my love for the Fab Four later.)

Tomorrow, I will definitely be watching "The Quarterback."



"Be it's very definition, Glee is about opening yourself up to joy" - glee, "Pilot"


Do you watch glee? What are your guilty pleasures?

No comments:

Post a Comment